AZURE BL 2-5 Postgres port 5432 is restricted to public access
Created by: ControlMap Support
Modified on: Mon, 19 Jul, 2021 at 4:02 PM
By allowing public access (from IP 0.0.0.0/0) over the internet to Postgres database ports you are allowing attackers all over the internet to access your Postgres instance and attempt exploitation of known vulnerabilities in Postgres or use brute force techniques to gain access to servers, data, and information systems.
- Go to Azure Portal
- Select Network Security Groups under resources
- Go to Security Group (or all groups one at a time)
- Under Settings->Inbound Security Rules
- On the right-hand pane, review the list of security rules
- Remove or update any inbound rule where incoming / ingress traffic is allowed from source IP '0.0.0.0/0' and destination port is 5432with protocol TCP or any
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.