A business can create or import assets into Controlmap, and these Assets can then be mapped to security controls, threats, and vulnerabilities to help perform better Risk management. Assets can be grouped together to help with management that would impact all assets such as an AWS Hosted asset group where similar risks and threats would apply to the entire group of assets.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Go to Home > Organization > Assets
2. Click on Create Asset and enter details.
- Name - Provide an appropriate name to help identify the Asset.
- Status - Choose from the following values.
- Owner - Identity an owner responsible for Asset.
- Type -Choose the appropriate asset type.
- Vulnerabilities, Threats, and Security Controls - Use the search functionality to link available vulnerabilities, threats, and security controls.
3. Click Save.
1. Go to
A sample data file is available for download.
4. Click Next, and map the fields from the uploaded file to the relevant asset attributes.
4. Click Next and Start Import.
Asset Groups are useful when grouping common or similarly hosted assets together to help with management of risks and threats that link to those assets. For example a group of assets such as an AWS Hosted asset group would have similar risks and threats that would apply to the entire group of assets allowing those threats and risks to be applied to the group rather than asset by asset or system by system.
1. Go to